“The aerospace industry, security researchers, and the public share a common goal: safe, reliable, and trustworthy air travel. As the traditional domains of aerospace, safety and cybersecurity increasingly overlap, we will be safer, sooner, together. We welcome those who seek to improve aerospace cyber security through positive, productive collaboration among all ecosystem stakeholders .”
Background and Overview
The Aerospace Village will bring together researchers, hackers, industry, operators, and other key stakeholders with the intent of:
- Developing skills and understanding of the aviation and space sectors through workshops, presentations, and hands-on activities.
- Building connections, trust, and understanding among all Village participants and stakeholder groups.
- Promoting constructive dialog through talks and interaction.
To achieve these objectives, the Aerospace Village will raise the collective level of trust, empathy, and understanding across the entire aerospace ecosystem. We aim to create a safe space:
- For hackers and security researchers to highlight their significant prior and potential positive contributions to cyber safety.
- For industry leaders to showcase their commitment to aerospace cyber safety / security
- For everyone to explore, learn, and enjoy a highly collaborative experience.
Presenting @Aerospace Village
CFP for DEF CON 30 has closed! Thank you all for submitting your proposals. If you would like to propose activities for future conferences, complete our DC30 Activities proposal form here.
We periodically invite presenters to apply to present in front of a unique audience of researchers, hackers, industry, Government and everyone that is interested in helping keep the aerospace industry safe, secure resilient and trusted across different venues.
We are particularly interested in talks and activities that help to increase understanding between all of the different stakeholder groups. We all might want the same thing but how can we increase co-operation, reduce risk, increase understanding and action on our vulnerabilities. What are the examples of what we could do better, what has worked well or what we need to do?
We don’t mind who applies to present or host a workshop. You might be a senior in the industry or a total ninja we don’t mind who you are!
- All presentations must have an educational focus and are not for business promotion.
- Presentations can be 25 or 50 minutes long.
- Activities such as workshop, lab, demo, CTF, will be scheduled based on the time requirement of the activity and available physical space.
- Submissions that demonstrate coordinated disclosure with relevant manufacturers and stakeholders will be prioritized.
- Please don’t propose anything that may breach any commercial in confidence agreement or NDA