CubeSat Simulator Lite
[WORKSHOP] AUGUST 7-9, 2020 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Order parts today and build your own CubeSat Simulator Lite @DC28 Aerospace Village!
The Aerospace Village will be hosting Eric Escobar’s workshop on building your own CubeSat simulator at DEF CON 28 online.
The goal of this workshop would be to construct a “CubeSat Simulator Lite.”
We will run through software installation via a screensharing, and will show participants how to setup a Raspberry Pi, set up the device, install the necessary packages, attach a necessary antenna, and view the transmitted data using a software defined radio.
Required parts for the workshop:
- Any portable FM radio with Headphone jack – $15 – [Amazon Link]
- Aux cable to phone or computer – $6 – [Amazon Link]
- Raspberry Pi Kit – $80 – [Amazon Link]
- Jumper cable (only a single cable needed) – $6 – [Amazon Link]
Not required, but nice to have!
- Software Defined Radio (SDR) – [RTL-SDR Link] [Amazon Link]
- BaoFeng UV-5R Radio (also acts as FM radio)- $35 – [Amazon Link]
Q&A Sessions with Eric Escobar available Friday & Saturday 12:00PM-2:00PM PDT (av-cube-sat-text channel)
For detailed instructions and more, check out Eric’s Github page at https://github.com/ericescobar/SatelliteSimulator/
*This workshop will be record & available at later time, but you will not be able to complete this workshop without necessary components.
Join the official DEF CON 28 Discord Server and navigate to #av-cube-sat-text in Aerospace Village for CubeSatSim discussions. Follow us on Twitter @SecureAerospace for latest Aerospace Village updates.